Do an online search for anti-aging skincare and you’ll find page after page of moisturizers, serums, masks, and more…all designed for the face. In a way, this is understandable. Your face is what people first see when they look at you. It’s pretty much always on display.
Unfortunately, the aging process ends up striking every part of the skin – even those areas of your body that you don’t pay much attention to because they’re always hidden under clothing. Neglect to lavish your anti-aging efforts on your body and it’ll soon end up looking wrinkled and saggy.
Fortunately, the skin on the body is thicker and tougher than the skin on the face, meaning that your body skincare routine doesn’t need to be quite so elaborate. All you need is a good cleanser, a trusty exfoliant, and a moisturizer infused with anti-aging ingredients.
Today, we’re going to be focusing on moisturizers – in particular, lotions. Lightweight and easily absorbable, lotions are a great way to moisturize your body without having to deal with sticky or greasy skin afterward. So, without further ado, here are our 10 favorite body lotions that will not only deeply hydrate your skin, but will deliver a variety of anti-aging benefits too.[ninja_tables id=”18790″]
- Best Body Lotion for Wrinkles, Cellulite & Thin Skin: LifeCell Firming Body Butter
- Best Body Moisturizer for Aging Skin Over 60: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Best Body Lotion for Dry, Aging Skin: Eucerin Advanced Repair Dry Skin Lotion
- Best Anti-Aging Body Treatment for Eczema & Psoriasis: Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm
- Best Age-Defying Body Lotion for Boosting Collagen Production & Elasticity: EltaMD Moisture Rich Body Crème
- Best Anti-Aging Body Lotion for Mature Skin That’s Rough & Bumpy: First Aid Beauty KP Smoothing Body Lotion with 10% AHA
- Best Anti-Aging Body Cream for Strengthened Skin Barrier Results: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry, Sensitive Skin
- Best Hydrating Body Lotion for Aging Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance-Free Body Lotion
- Top Dermatologist Recommended Fragrance-Free Formula to Use for Itchy & Reactive Skin on the Body, Neck & Hands: La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP+
- Best Body Lotion With Peptides for Smoother & Younger-Looking Skin: Nécessaire The Body Lotion With Niacinamide
- Q: Which body lotion is best for anti-aging?
- Q: Does body lotion help with aging?
- Q: What is the best product for crepey skin on arms and legs?
- Q: Does body lotion prevent wrinkles?
- Q: Can I use an anti-aging lotion for body skin on my face too?
- Q: What is the best body lotion for aging skin?
- Q: What are the best anti-aging lotions that also contain sunscreen?
Best Body Lotion for Wrinkles, Cellulite & Thin Skin: LifeCell Firming Body Butter
If cellulite, thinning skin, and wrinkles have been getting you down, then the LifeCell Firming Body Butter will no doubt cheer you up. This beautifully whipped cream works to instantly plump and firm the skin, while improving skin elasticity and thickness in the long run.
Key Ingredients: Argan Oil, Caffeine, Vitamins & Peptides
There are so many ingredients in this formula that we love. You’ll find nourishing argan oil, which is loaded with vitamin E and fatty acids, caffeine, which minimizes the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks, and peptides, which promote smoother skin.
This firming body moisturizer has also been infused with several vitamins and plant extracts, all of which contribute to boosting collagen synthesis. The result is skin that’s thicker and more volumized, meaning that dimples and wrinkles disappear.
- Instantly plumps and smooths the skin while also providing long-term anti-aging benefits
- Contains a very long list of powerful anti-aging ingredients
- Non-greasy and doesn’t contain any irritants
- A little more expensive than some of the other anti-aging body lotions on this list, but it does contain several more active ingredients
Best Body Moisturizer for Aging Skin Over 60: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Thin skin can be a big problem once you hit your 60s. You need a lotion that’ll provide long-term hydration to restore moisture balance in your skin, which will help it to look plumper, thicker, and more youthful. For this, we’d recommend the CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
Key Ingredients: Ceramides & Hyaluronic Acid
This body moisturizer is brimming with hydrating ingredients, making it no surprise that it’s capable of hydrating the skin for 24 hours. Hyaluronic acid draws moisture into the skin while ceramides lock that in.
It also contains glycerin, another humectant that’s a go-to for increasing skin moisture levels.
- A great formula for mature skin that’s thin, dry, or dehydrated
- Hydrates, moisturizes, and restores the skin’s natural barrier
- The ceramides are encapsulated, meaning that their hydrating effects last for 24 hours
- Contains parabens, a preservative that some try to avoid
Best Body Lotion for Dry, Aging Skin: Eucerin Advanced Repair Dry Skin Lotion
As the skin ages, it’s less able to retain moisture, resulting in dry skin. To treat your skin to 48 hours of intense hydration, along with less dryness in the long run, turn to the Eucerin Advanced Repair Dry Skin Lotion.
Key Ingredients: Ceramides, Urea, Amino Acids & Lactic Acid
There are several ingredients in this anti-aging moisturizer that are known for repairing and replenishing dry skin. Ceramides have been proven to increase skin hydration levels while restoring barrier function , while urea acts as an emollient that softens skin and fills in cracks .
Amino acids encourage protein production in your skin, while lactic acid not only removes flaky and rough dead skin cells, but also helps to hydrate.
- Hydrates the skin for 48 hours
- Helps to rebuild the skin’s natural barrier to prevent dry skin in the future
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, and dye-free
- Some people find that this cream feels a little sticky
Best Anti-Aging Body Treatment for Eczema & Psoriasis: Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm
If you suffer from an inflammatory skin condition that causes your skin to frequently feel itchy, then the Aveeno Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm could help. It provides immediate relief for itchy skin, to the point where the National Eczema Association has given it a seal of approval.
Key Ingredients: Colloidal Oatmeal, Ceramides & Glycerin
Proven to strengthen and restore the skin barrier while also hydrating the skin , colloidal oatmeal is a must-have if your body needs to feel soothed.
Ceramides and glycerin help with this too, as do the fatty alcohols included in this formula.
- Instantly soothes the skin while providing long-term barrier-strengthening benefits
- Safe to be used on sensitive skin and areas with eczema
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, and non-greasy
- A little too thick to be used as an all-over body lotion. Instead, it works better as a spot treatment for itchy areas of skin
Best Age-Defying Body Lotion for Boosting Collagen Production & Elasticity: EltaMD Moisture Rich Body Crème
Collagen and elastin production decline with age, resulting in wrinkles and sagging skin. Thankfully, the EltaMD Moisture Rich Body Crème is here to turn things around. This anti-aging body moisturizer hydrates and nourishes the skin in the best way, making it ideal for those trying to fight skin aging.
Key Ingredients: Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid & Fruit Enzymes
Niacinamide is a great ingredient for balancing and brightening an uneven skin tone, making this cream a wise choice if you have dark spots on your skin.
Ceramides and hyaluronic acid hydrate and fortify the skin, while proteolytic fruit enzymes calm inflammation. Since inflammation is largely responsible for skin aging , these anti-inflammatory properties help to establish youthful-looking skin.
- A rich cream that’s perfect for dry skin
- Hydrates the skin while also helping with skin tone and aging
- This is a cream rather than a lotion, so may feel too thick for people with oily skin prone to body acne
Best Anti-Aging Body Lotion for Mature Skin That’s Rough & Bumpy: First Aid Beauty KP Smoothing Body Lotion with 10% AHA
If your skin texture feels rough and uneven due to tiny bumps, the First Aid Beauty KP Smoothing Body Lotion with 10% AHA could be just what you need for smooth and healthy skin once again. Designed to treat keratosis pilaris, this formula not only hydrates, soothes, and nourishes, but it gently exfoliates too.
Key Ingredients: Ceramides, Urea, Colloidal Oatmeal & Lactic Acid
The 10% lactic acid concentration in this lotion is often what draws people to it, and we can see why. By mildly exfoliating away rough skin and hydrating skin cells at the same time, it’s a winning ingredient in any anti-aging formula.
It becomes even more effective when combined with ceramides, urea, and colloidal oatmeal. These soothing ingredients allow this skin smoothing body treatment to work its magic without irritating the skin.
- Treats keratosis pilaris, as well as roughness and flakiness caused by other factors/skin conditions
- Contains several hydrating ingredients
- Cruelty-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, and free of other common irritants
- Some people don’t like the scent of this product, but we appreciate that it doesn’t contain any synthetic fragrances
Best Anti-Aging Body Cream for Strengthened Skin Barrier Results: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry, Sensitive Skin
A weakened skin barrier can cause a range of skin concerns, including dryness, heightened sensitivities, redness, and inflammation. If you can relate, give the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry, Sensitive Skin a try – it completely restores the skin’s barrier after just one week of consistent usage.
Key Ingredients: Niacinamide, Panthenol & Glycerin
There are several moisture-boosting ingredients in this cream, making it no surprise that it provides 48 hours of hydration. From niacinamide to panthenol (vitamin B5) to glycerin, not only will these ingredients leave your skin looking plump and refreshed, but they’ll help to rebuild that all-important barrier too.
For an extra hydration boost, you’ll also find sweet almond oil in this formula. This popular botanical brings with it anti-inflammatory properties, and has been proven to improve skin tone as well .
- Great for soothing and moisturizing mature skin that’s dry or sensitive
- Starts to restore the skin’s barrier after three days, with full restoration taking place after a week
- A little too thick for oily skin types
Best Hydrating Body Lotion for Aging Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance-Free Body Lotion
Anti-aging body lotions are great for keeping the skin feeling soft and smooth, but if you’d prefer a formula that’s even lighter, turn to the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance-Free Body Lotion. This is a very lightweight body lotion – it’s almost like a gel rather than a cream, making it great for hydrating the skin without weighing it down.
Key Ingredients: Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate & Vitamin E
All of the active ingredients in this formula focus on hydration. Glycerin and sodium hyaluronate are humectants that draw moisture from the environment into the skin, immediately making the skin soft and plump.
Vitamin E helps with moisturizing too, while also repairing any skin damage that has been caused by sun exposure .
- A very lightweight body lotion that feels like a hybrid between a cream and a gel
- Focuses on hydrating and plumping skin cells
- Absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel sticky on the body
- Doesn’t contain many anti-aging ingredients
- Contains fragrance, which could cause irritation
Top Dermatologist Recommended Fragrance-Free Formula to Use for Itchy & Reactive Skin on the Body, Neck & Hands: La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP+
If your skin feels itchy, reactive, and hypersensitive, the La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP+ can help. This is a product that’s extremely gentle – so much so that it can even be used on babies over three months of age. It soothes inflammation, hydrates for 48 hours, and rebalances the skin’s microbiome to prevent future flare-ups.
Key Ingredients: Glycerin, Shea Butter & La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
Glycerin and shea butter are both ingredients that you’ll see in several anti-aging body lotions. The difference here is in the concentration of each one – with 8% glycerin and 20% shea butter, these ingredients are used in greater quantities in this body balm than in other body moisturizers, making them so much more effective at hydrating and calming irritated and cracked skin.
Just like with all of the other products produced by La Roche-Posay, this one also contains the brand’s patented thermal spring water. Proven to be rich in selenium and other skin-soothing minerals, this water is known for contributing to radiant skin.
- Designed specifically for sensitive, reactive skin
- An extremely gentle formula that can be used on babies too
- Fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist-tested
- Focuses more on soothing and repairing barrier damage, rather than on firming the skin and smoothing the skin surface
Best Body Lotion With Peptides for Smoother & Younger-Looking Skin: Nécessaire The Body Lotion With Niacinamide
If you’d like to treat your body to some of the same skincare superstars that can be found in your facial products, then the Nécessaire The Body Lotion With Niacinamide is worth a buy. Suitable for every skin type, this product is jam-packed with potent compounds that help with crepey skin, the loss of firmness, and barrier repair.
Key Ingredients: Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Omega Fatty Acids, Peptides & Antioxidants
This lotion boasts a very long ingredient list, but just about every name on that list benefits the skin in its own unique way. Niacinamide works to improve skin texture and tone, vitamin C will brighten and tighten skin, and essential fatty acids restore the skin’s barrier to keep the skin smooth and firm.
Peptides are included too, another must for mature skin. You’ll also find several antioxidant-rich botanical extracts in this formula, which is why it’s often referred to as a herbal body moisturizer. Jojoba, meadowfoam, sugar cane, apple…all of these extracts come together to fight free radicals and keep the skin looking its best.
- Contains a long list of proven anti-aging ingredients
- Suitable to be used on every skin type – fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist-tested
- Helps with texture, tone, firmness, and barrier repair
- Some people find that this lotion doesn’t feel moisturizing enough unless it’s layered over a serum or underneath a thicker cream
Q: Which body lotion is best for anti-aging?
A body lotion containing rich plant butters and oils, such as cocoa butter, shea butter, and coconut oil, is great for treating an aging body. A retinol body lotion would also be beneficial.
Q: Does body lotion help with aging?
Yes, no matter your skin type, anti-aging body lotions can make a huge difference in how your skin ages. Regular application will leave your skin feeling soft and will also help to give you taut, smooth, and firm skin in the long run.
Q: What is the best product for crepey skin on arms and legs?
For mature skin that’s crepey, use anti-aging lotions that contain plumping and firming ingredients, such as caffeine, the antioxidant vitamin E, shea butter, and cocoa butter.
Q: Does body lotion prevent wrinkles?
Yes, body lotions are a great way to prevent wrinkles from developing.
Q: Can I use an anti-aging lotion for body skin on my face too?
While you could apply body lotion to your face, you’ll experience much better results if you use an anti-aging moisturizer designed for the face instead.
Q: What is the best body lotion for aging skin?
You’ll find 10 of the best body lotions for aging skin right here on this page!
Q: What are the best anti-aging lotions that also contain sunscreen?
While there are some good body lotions that contain sunscreen, you’ll experience better results if you first apply a body cream or lotion and then layer a separate sunscreen product over the top.
Anti-aging body lotions are a great way to keep the skin on your body looking firm, smooth, and toned. Whether you’ve only recently started noticing fine lines snaking their way around your body or you’ve been battling crepiness for a while, the 10 products featured above will help to give your body a youthful appearance once again.