If you’re trying to put together an anti-aging routine that works, then a good eye cream is a must. Since the eye area is thinner, drier, and more fragile than the rest of the face, signs of aging can often develop here before you notice them anywhere else.
How do you know if an eye cream is any good? By researching its ingredients, reading reviews, and viewing before & after photos. Today, we’re going to be doing just that with Dermalogica’s Age Reversal Eye Complex. Scroll on to learn what we discovered about this uniquely-formulated product.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex?
- 2 Top Benefits: What Will This Treatment Do for Your Skin?
- 3 Key Ingredients: What’s in This Eye Repair Product?
- 4 Does it Work? Rating, Reviews, & Before and After Results
- 5 How to Use This Retinol Cream for Best Results
- 6 How Much Does it Cost & Where Can You Buy it?
- 7 FAQ:
- 8 Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex Review Conclusion: Is This Really the Best Anti-Aging Under-Eye Cream?
What is the Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex?
The Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex is a lightweight, silky-feeling eye cream. Each of Dermalogica’s eye care products focuses on a specific skin concern. In this case, aging skin is the target – this formula promises to provide powerful age reversal effects that leave the eye area looking years younger.
Top Benefits: What Will This Treatment Do for Your Skin?
While anti-aging may be the focus of this eye cream, what exactly does it do to give your skin a younger look? Here are some of its top benefits:
Minimize Fine Lines, Wrinkles, and Other Signs of Skin Aging
This eye cream reverses multiple signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles. It does this in a couple of different ways.
Firstly, it contains ingredients that boost natural collagen and elastin production in the skin – these are the proteins that give your skin its smoothness and elasticity.
However, this cream also delivers antioxidants to your skin cells to reverse the aging-related changes in your skin cells caused by free radicals.
Reduce Visible Dark Circles and Puffiness
Although most commonly associated with a lack of sleep, the aging process can also lead to dark circles and puffy eyes. Thanks to several ingredients that improve circulation while smoothing and tightening the skin, this formula is able to counter that.
Hydrate and Plump Up the Eye Area
The Age Reversal Eye Complex works hard to hydrate and moisturize the delicate eye area. In addition to infusing skin cells with moisture, it also forms a protective seal over the surface of the skin to prevent moisture from evaporating away.
Key Ingredients: What’s in This Eye Repair Product?
Even a quick glance at this product’s ingredient list will leave you impressed. It contains some truly potent age-fighting actives – let’s take a closer look at some of its most noteworthy ingredients:
- Caffeine – research shows that after just four weeks of regular use, a caffeine-infused cream can reduce the appearance of crow’s feet while also minimizing dark circles 
- Fraxinus excelsior bark extract (Ash tree bark) – an anti-inflammatory that’s great for reducing puffiness. It naturally contains salicylic acid, which helps to keep pores clear
- Retinol – this formula contains retinol microspheres, which increases retinol potency.
- Microencapsulated retinol helps smooth skin in a big way, eliminating lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin C – being an antioxidant, vitamin C is great for fighting free radical damage in the skin. It’s also revered for its brightening effects
- Aleurites moluccana seed oil – although not as well-known as some other botanical extracts, this oil, which comes from the kukui nut, boosts collagen synthesis and increases cell turnover
- Medicago sativa (alfalfa) seed extract – a rich source of antioxidants
- Powerful peptides – a must-have anti-ager, peptides do everything from strengthening the skin barrier to boosting collagen production to improving skin elasticity. There are multiple peptides included in this eye cream
Does it Work? Rating, Reviews, & Before and After Results
With so many powerful ingredients, we’d be genuinely surprised if this eye cream didn’t work. And, as expected, customer reviews are generally very positive. It receives a 5-star rating on numerous retailer websites, and the before & after photos plastered all over social media show a noticeable difference in the skin, particularly when it comes to crow’s feet, dark circles, and puffiness.
Many have compared it to other retinol-based eye creams, saying that their skin responds much better, and not to mention faster, to this formula.
How to Use This Retinol Cream for Best Results
Dermalogica recommends using this eye cream on alternate nights to begin with. This gives your skin the chance to get used to the powerful ingredients within the product, particularly the retinol. Over the next few weeks, gradually increase how often you use it, until you’re applying it every night. Follow these steps and you can safely use it on every skin type, even sensitive skin.
To apply, make sure that your eye skin is cleansed. Dab the cream on and then smooth in, starting at the outer corner of your eyes and working your way inwards.
How Much Does it Cost & Where Can You Buy it?
The Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex currently costs $75 for a 0.5 oz tube. This may seem a bit pricey at first, but Dermalogica products are usually worth the investment because they actually work.
We’d recommend purchasing this cream directly from Dermalogica. This will get you the best price, as well as a genuine product.
Q: Is the Age Reversal Eye Complex the same as the Age Smart Age Reversal Eye Complex?
Yes, the product is the same but it was renamed.
Q: Do I need to use a serum with the Age Reversal Eye Complex?
No, the Age Reversal Eye Complex can be used without a serum.
Q: Is Dermalogica eye cream good?
Yes, Dermalogica’s eye creams are great!
Q: At what age should you start using eye serum?
You should start using an eye cream in your 20s.
Q: Should a 14 year old use eye cream?
There isn’t usually a need for a 14 year old to use eye cream.
Q: Should you use eye cream in your 20s?
Yes, your 20s is the perfect time to start using an eye cream.
Q: Do you put eye cream in the morning?
Eye cream can be used either in the morning or the evening – or both! It all depends on the ingredients used in that cream – some are best saved for night.
Q: How to reverse aging eyes?
A good eye cream will help to reverse aging eyes, as will a healthy lifestyle.
Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex Review Conclusion: Is This Really the Best Anti-Aging Under-Eye Cream?
People expect a lot from anti-aging eye creams. They need to smooth away wrinkles, fade dark circles, soothe puffiness, and plump up the skin – it’s hardly surprising that so many fall short. This is why the Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex has been such a hit. Unlike so many of its competitors, this is an eye cream that actually delivers on its promises, providing real results in a matter of days. In our opinion, that makes it well worth the investment.