StriVectin Review: Eye Creams, Stretch Marks & More – Worth the Money?
Open the pages of any glossy magazine, and you’ll see the latest “must-have” skincare product. They’re luxury products, with a price to match, but what does that matter?
The model doesn’t look a day over thirty and has a flawless face.
It matters because you’ve been down this road before. You’re hesitant because you’ve seen a few too many Photoshopped pictures to believe that the skincare industry is all about flawless beauty.
You’ve been disappointed by products that, upon review, never live up to their advertising.
That stops today – I deal with facts, not hype. Have you seen advertising for StriVectin? Have you wondered if it’s as good as they claim? Read my comprehensive StriVectin product reviews and find out.
- 1 What Is StriVectin?
- 2 What Does StriVectin SD Do?
- 3 How Does This Product Work?
- 4 How Does It Strengthen the Skin Barrier?
- 5 The Ingredients
- 6 The Benefits
- 7 The Side Effects
- 8 FAQ
- 9 Should You Buy StriVectin SD – Is It Worth the Investment?
What Is StriVectin?
StriVectin is one of the brands that focus on a highly targeted product to combat skin changes as we age. The brand emphasizes evidence-based skin care and anti-wrinkle formulas.
The company uses high-performance ingredients in each product to deliver clinically proven results.
The brand was founded in 2002. The firm’s core ingredient is their patented Vitamin B3 formula, and it’s this creation that helped them build their star rating.
According to them, it provides your epidermis with a nutrient boost and ramps up the other ingredients’ effectiveness.
The StriVectin Range
Each product within the range deals with a particular issue such as wrinkles, stretch marks, dry skin, age spots, dullness, and thinning texture.
Read almost any customer comment, and you’ll find a high star rating for each StriVectin product.
The beauty brand provides a complete skincare range.
I won’t go through the entire range now, but rather focus on the top-seller and formula that started it all, the SD Advanced™ PLUS Intensive Moisturizing Concentrate.
If you’d like more information on another product, I’ve included some extras under the FAQs.
What Does StriVectin SD Do?
StriVectin SD Advanced Plus started as a stretch mark cream. As the reviews started coming in, the results showed the product was an instant hit.
The thing that pushed it over the edge for most people was its success at dealing with wrinkles. Reviews stated that the cream kept the dermal layer moist for hours.
Every article or comment that you read confirmed that the stars were the limit.
Capitalizing on the new five-star rating, StriVectin subjected the product to a review process. The anti-aging community was ecstatic when the company released an article about the new formula.
The advanced formula includes a long list of ingredients that boost collagen production and renew the dermal layer.
The company calls this formula their best face cream for wrinkles, and it would seem that the client reviews back them up.
The company claims that the cream will reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles within 14 days and fade stretch marks within four weeks.
It’s the Collagex-CE Complex that’s responsible for plumping out the skin. Unlike products from other brands that contain retinol, this compound won’t leave your skin sensitive to the sun.
How Does This Product Work?
The secret ingredient that makes all Strivectin products and brands effective is the NIA-114 molecule.
This ramped-up version of Vitamin B3 and Niacin is found in all the products from StriVectin SD Advanced to the TL Advanced neck cream.
Developed by Drs. Myron and Elaine Jacobson, NIA-114 is the real deal. It’s only available in skin StriVectin products, and there are three decades of research that prove why its star rating is so high.
Like retinol, Niacin has a significant effect on the skin’s radiance. It is, however, far gentler than retinol. Look for it under the name myristyl nicotinate on the bottle.
How Does It Strengthen the Skin Barrier?
Our body’s protective layer takes a beating every day. Pollution, wear and tear, the natural environment, a poor diet, and aging lessen the skin’s defensive capabilities.
NIA-114 is an optimized version of Niacin. It works to restore the skin’s natural balance and boosts its health. Aside from the nutrient value, it’s also a strong humectant.
StriVectin products are:
- Suitable for all skin types
- Most vegan
You’ll recognize some ingredients from other brands.
Hyaluronic acid is a key ingredient in many skincare ranges. Our bodies produce this acid, but production slows as we age. Your skin’s star rating drops as it looks less fresh and dewy.
You’ll notice fine lines and wrinkles becoming more prominent. A wrinkle cream or eye cream containing hyaluronic acid locks moisture into the dermal layer and plumps out the skin.
StriVectin SD contains Aloe vera to soothe inflammation and calm irritated skin. It soothes the inflammation of new stretch marks, making them less noticeable.
The Aloe gel has cooling properties and helps burnt skin recover. It has some antiseptic benefits as well, making it useful for treating acne.
Peptides are chains of amino acids and the stars of the show. Products containing peptides provide the epidermis with the building blocks for new elastin and collagen.
Our bodies use these compounds to tighten and tone the skin.
Collagen plumps the epidermis out while elastin helps it retain its youthful elasticity. The peptides in skin care products go a step further and enhance the skin’s radiance and clarity.
Gingerol, the active component in this herb, is a potent anti-oxidant and effective anti-inflammatory agent.
It’s another compound that deserves a star rating. It helps even the skin tone, improves circulation, and creates an even texture.
However, what makes Ginger one of the stars of the show is that its anti-oxidant capabilities prevent collagen from breaking down as quickly.
It’s this quality that makes StriVectin SD Advanced the firm’s most popular product.
Rosemary has potent anti-oxidant and circulation-boosting capabilities. It’s one of the best herbs to keep mature skin in top form. StriVectin reviews show it’s best for toning the skin and reducing the size of the pores.
White Water Lily
Long prized for its ability to lighten skin and even skin tone, white water lily works to remove dull, dead cells. It earns 5 stars for soothing irritation and calming sensitive areas.
This StriVectin product effectively encourages skin renewal and drives moisture deep into the dermal layer.
For your skin to stay in optimal shape, it requires a steady supply of moisture and nutrients.
Modern living saps both–working in air conditioning, commuting, and our daily grooming routines all dry out our skin.
Missed lunches and junk food starve the dermal layer of the nutrition it requires. The body prioritizes the internal organs when nutrients are in short supply, often to the skin’s detriment.
Strivectin products replace the vital moisture layer and provide a direct nutrient boost for the dermis. Reviews confirm the bioavailable formula is easily absorbed and so it gets to work straight away.
The benefits of the products include:
- Radiant Skin: Dehydrated skin is less able to recover from the knocks life deals out. By providing additional moisture, the StriVectin product range ensures a dewy glow.
- Refined Texture: Hyaluronic acid gently refines the texture of the skin, leaving smooth, even results. It often makes retinol unnecessary.
- Toned Skin: As we get older, we start to lose skin elasticity. Niacin boosts hyaluronic acid’s intense hydration, and ginger tones the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The Side Effects
StriVectin SD is considered a generally safe moisturizer. When you use it initially, it may warm the skin a little. This warmth is a good sign and means that you’re starting to see results.
Not everyone’s skin will tolerate the product, however, as some reviews report developing a rash.
Before drenching your wrinkles in the cream, use a small amount on the inside of your arm to test for a reaction. Wait twenty-four hours to ease any concern.
How Do You Use StriVectin SD?
The simple answer is that you apply it to cleansed skin. Dispense a little of the cream and apply it all over your face, avoiding your eyes. Pay particular attention to areas with wrinkles or spots where they might develop.
If you’re using an entire skincare routine, a five-star rating regimen might look something like this.
- Cleanser: If you’ve just started using the Moisture Matrix Melting Cleanser, it’s a fascinating product. Use it on dry skin and watch as the gel liquefies and soaks in. Then apply warm water, and you’ll see it transform into cleansing milk that removes all makeup traces.
- Mask: StriVectin Advanced Glycolic Skin Reset Mask is a potent exfoliant that leaves your skin clear and radiant from the first use. Reviews say that this StriVectin product lasts long for the price because you only use it once or twice a week.
- Toner: The triPhase Daily Glow Toner is a cut above the rest. Unlike the drying formulas you may be accustomed to, this product nourishes your skin while refining it. I give it a five-star rating.
- Eye Cream: If you’re going to skip any steps, don’t neglect the eye area. It’s one of the first to show results. The Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum contains peptides to smooth our crow’s feet and brighteners to clear under-eye circles. The applicator helps to reduce puffiness.
- Serum: The Strivectin Intensive Illuminating Serum contains Bellis perennis, a flower extract, and a compound derived from sprouts. Together these botanicals regularize melatonin production, and the results include an even tone on the face.
- Moisturizer: Now’s the time for the most important thing, the StriVectin SD cream.
- Tightening Neck Cream: Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream is a staple in the anti-aging beauty industry. It’s not hard to understand why. Designed specifically to protect the delicate, loose skin that develops as we age, it contains peptides that ward off the signs of aging.
- Primer: If you’re about to start your day, finish your routine by applying Strivectin Line BlurFector Instant Wrinkle Blurring Primer. The formula contains microspheres that catch the light and scatter it. The effect is a blurring of wrinkles. Try it and see why it gets 5 stars from us.
If you’re not sure which products to select, head over to Strivectin’s website. They have several bundled packages and gifts with purchase. They also send out sample packets with each order.
These deals and StriVectin’s loyalty points system enable you to buy each product while saving on the price. All you need to do is to open an account through this link and confirm your email address to get started.
Does StriVectin SD Work?
Yes, the product claims are backed by solid scientific research. Customer reviews confirm the effectiveness of StriVectin SD.
The product has been on the market for decades to combat stretch marks and lines, and it provides an alternative for those sensitive to retinol.
Does StriVectin Guarantee Its Product?
You have 30 days from when you purchase your StriVectin product to request a refund. If, upon review, you don’t feel that StriVectin SD or SD Advanced works for you, return it and get a full refund.
Should You Buy StriVectin SD – Is It Worth the Investment?
StriVectin is a solid purchase with an interesting story behind it. Initially developed as a cream for stretch marks, StriVectin SD became a customer favorite for fine lines as well.
People love the rest of the StriVectin product range too.
What they don’t love, however, is the price, and I have to agree. Any brands that you need to pay off over six months may be too pricey.
I also don’t like the way that StriVectin tweaks each product regularly. They want the customer to get the best product, but I feel they could bring the price down by using fewer ingredients.
Therefore, I’ll have to end this review with an “It’s a maybe” rating. There’s no question that the customer gets a great product, but it’s at a steep price.
StriVectin is good, but if you want to take your skincare regimen to the next level, XYZ Smart Collagen is better. Containing all-natural, organically sourced ingredients, it’s the Bulbinella in the formula that makes it special.
Bulbine Frutescens is one of Africa’s best-kept beauty secrets. African women have used it for centuries to clear up skin complaints and lock in youthful radiance. See our review of their fantastic product line.