Many would argue that cleansing is the most important step of any skincare routine. After all, there’s no point applying expensive serums and moisturizers if their ingredients aren’t able to penetrate into your skin due to dirt, sebum, and dead skin cells blocking the way.
However, finding the best face wash & cleanser isn’t as easy as it should be. Many of the formulas available have a stripping effect on the skin – not only do they remove excess sebum, but they also dissolve away the skin’s protective layer of natural oils, leaving the skin dry, damaged, and vulnerable.
This is why the pH Balanced Cleanser from LifeCell caught our attention. It promises to provide a safe yet effective cleanse, so we decided to put this LifeCell pH Balanced Cleanser review together to find out more about it.
RELATED: life cell skin reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Skincare Cleanser?
- 2 Why Does Your Skin Need a pH Balanced Cleanser?
- 3 How Does the Life Cell Cleanser Work?
- 4 What are the Ingredients in the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser?
- 5 Pro’s and Con’s of the LifeCell Cleanser
- 6 How Do Reviews for LifeCell Skin Care Rate the pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser?
- 7 How Does LifeCell Recommend Using Their pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser?
- 8 Which Skin Types is the LifeCell pH Balanced Cleanser Best Suited For?
- 9 LifeCell pH Balanced Cleanser Review Conclusion
What is the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Skincare Cleanser?
Produced by South Beach Skincare, the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser is a face wash formula designed to cleanse the skin of makeup and other impurities.
However, in addition to cleansing, this blend also contains a number of anti-aging compounds to keep the skin looking smooth and youthful.
Why Does Your Skin Need a pH Balanced Cleanser?
The natural pH of your skin sits just under 5 , meaning that it’s slightly acidic. This pH needs to be maintained in order for your skin cells to function properly.
Unfortunately, many cleansing formulas interfere with the skin’s natural pH balance – some can raise it all the way up to 10. This is simply because many of the cleansing agents commonly used in cleanser formulas have an alkaline pH. Apply these to your face and they’ll turn your skin alkaline too.
What happens when your skin’s pH falls out of whack? Nothing good, that’s for sure! Symptoms are pretty diverse – you could experience everything from excessive dryness and irritated skin to clogged pores and acne breakouts, which is why it can often take people a while to realize that their cleanser is the culprit behind their skin issues.
This is why pH-balanced cleaners have such a great rep. They have a pH that matches that of the skin, meaning that they won’t alter the skin’s natural pH and therefore won’t cause any issues.
How Does the Life Cell Cleanser Work?
This LifeCell cleanser works in a few different ways. To start with, it contains a number of plant-based cleansing agents that effectively dissolve makeup and dirt. It’s also infused with soothing anti-inflammatory compounds that can calm irritated skin and help with rosacea.
That’s not all – the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser also contains alcohol-free astringents that are fantastic at removing grease and tightening pores. In the long run, this will help in a big way to prevent blemishes and breakouts.
Finally, as mentioned, this face wash offers up a number of anti-aging benefits too. It helps to protect the skin from harmful free radicals, which, as a result, treats and prevents sagging skin, fine lines, and deeper wrinkles.
Another LifeCell product that will keep your lips hydrated while fighting fine lines and wrinkles and making your lips look plumper and fuller is the LifeCell Lip Plumping Treatment. For more details, read our lifecell lip plumping treatment review.
What are the Ingredients in the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser?
The magic behind this face wash lies in its unique ingredient blend. It was difficult to decide on which ingredients to feature since it contains so many that we love, but here are a few of our favorites. In our opinion, these natural ingredients are what set the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser apart from the rest:
- Willow bark extract – a gentle cleansing and exfoliating ingredient that breaks down dead skin cells and dissolves impurities
- Meadowfoam seed oil – helps to balance sebum production while locking moisture into the skin
- Carrot seed oil – acts as a toner, helps to rejuvenate aging skin, and is chock-full of vitamins and antioxidants, including vitamin A, an anti-aging must-have
- Resveratrol – a powerful antioxidant with equally powerful anti-aging benefits. Regular use of resveratrol has been proven to reduce fine lines and improve skin elasticity in just three months 
- Green tea extract – a highly effective and fast-acting anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Tea tree oil – reduces inflammation, heals skin infections, and soothes itchy skin
- Cucumber extract – not only is this an incredibly soothing ingredient, but it’s also loaded with vitamins A, C, and E
Pro’s and Con’s of the LifeCell Cleanser
We’ll be honest – we genuinely couldn’t find any cons to the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser. It really does offer nothing but benefits, which include:
- Clean, fresh, and balanced skin
- Fewer pore blockages, and therefore fewer breakouts
- Fewer free radicals causing damage to skin cells, meaning fine lines and wrinkles will start to soften and dark spots will soon fade
- Less inflammation in the skin, which can help to reduce flare-ups of inflammatory skin conditions, such as rosacea and psoriasis
How Do Reviews for LifeCell Skin Care Rate the pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser?
We read through hundreds of reviews of the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser, and the majority of them were highly positive. People rave about how fresh and moisturized their skin feels after using this face wash. Just about everyone that has tried it ends up making it a regular part of their skincare routine, and it’s easy to see why!
What about the negative reviews? We could only find a handful and they were mainly price-related. However, in our opinion (and we do review a lot of products!), this cleanser isn’t overpriced in the slightest. Yes, it’s costlier than drugstore brands, but that’s because it offers so much more. Not only does it cleanse, but it works as an anti-aging treatment too, meaning that it’s actually pretty good value for money!
How Does LifeCell Recommend Using Their pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser?
LifeCell recommends using their pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Apply a small amount of the face wash onto your hands and mix with a little water. Then, massage this into your skin for about 30 seconds. Once you’re done, rinse the face wash off, gently pat your face dry, and then carry on with the rest of your skincare routine.
According to the brand, this face wash pairs perfectly with the LifeCell Anti-Aging Treatment, an all-in-one product designed to hydrate the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. We have to say – the ingredients in each complement each other beautifully, so this is a recommendation that we’ll definitely be following.
Which Skin Types is the LifeCell pH Balanced Cleanser Best Suited For?
The LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser is suitable for all skin types. Those with oily skin notice less greasiness, those with dry skin feel hydrated and moisturized, and those with sensitive skin feel soothed and refreshed.
ALSO READ: lifecell neck serum reviews
LifeCell pH Balanced Cleanser Review Conclusion
There aren’t many cleansers out there that are effective on all skin types and are able to offer multiple benefits, so it’s easy to see why the LifeCell pH Balanced Anti-Aging Cleanser is so highly rated. Whether your skincare goals are anti-aging, anti-acne, anti-redness, or just about anything else, this is a product that’ll fit perfectly into your skincare routine.