Although Olay may now be a household name, few people are familiar with the history behind the brand. Founded in the early 50s by a South African chemist who created a cosmetic product as a gift for his wife, the mystique and quality that Olay products exuded shot the brand to success, and it wasn’t long before they were selling internationally.
Fast forward to today – Olay is now one of the leading anti-aging skincare brands in the world and is sold in more than 80 countries. The brand produces a huge array of products for every skin type – whether you’re dealing with wrinkles, dark spots, acne, or anything else, chances are that there’s an Olay product that can help.
Today, we’re going to be taking a closer look at 10 of Olay’s most popular products. They’re bestsellers for a reason – each formula has been clinically proven to transform the skin in its own unique way, showcasing exactly why they’re among Olay’s most-loved products.[ninja_tables id=”18826″]
- Best Olay Product for Treating Your Skin to Antioxidants: Olay Regenerist Brightening + Vitamin C Hydrating Moisturizer
- Best Olay Cream for Wrinkles & Fine Lines: Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Face Moisturizer
- Best Olay Formula for Lifting & Toning the Face: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Best Olay Moisturizer for Dry Skin on the Face: Olay Regenerist Ultra Rich Moisturizer
- Best Olay Anti-Aging Cream That Offers Sun Protection Benefits: Olay Total Effects 7-in-One Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30
- Best Olay Products for Acne & Combination Skin: Olay Luminous Whip Face Moisturizer
- Best Olay Product for Wrinkles on the Body: Olay Complete Lotion Moisturizer SPF 15
- Best Olay Cosmetics Formula with Peptides & Niacinamide: Olay Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer
- Best Olay Serum for Instant Hydration: Olay Deep Hydration Vitamin B3 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Best Skin Care Product for the Summer, According to Reviews: Olay Mist Ultimate Hydration Essence Cooling Face Mist
- Which Olay Products Should I Use?
- Q: Which one is best Olay?
- Q: Do dermatologists recommend Olay?
- Q: Do Olay products really work?
- Q: Which Olay product is best for older skin?
- Q: What does Olay Regenerist do?
- Q: Which Olay Regenerist product should I use?
- Q: What is the best Oil of Olay product for wrinkles?
- Q: Olay anti-aging cream for what age?
- Q: Which ingredients should I look for when shopping for Olay products for mature skin?
- Q: Which Olay cream is best for use around the eyes?
- Q: What are the best Olay products for anti-aging?
- Q: Are Olay cleansers good?
Best Olay Product for Treating Your Skin to Antioxidants: Olay Regenerist Brightening + Vitamin C Hydrating Moisturizer
Antioxidants are key in an anti-aging routine, and the Olay Regenerist Brightening + Vitamin C Hydrating Moisturizer delivers plenty of them. Vitamin C, in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate, is the most powerful, with numerous studies pointing to the anti-aging benefits that this ingredient provides . From reducing wrinkles to brightening the skin tone to lightening hyperpigmentation, this antioxidant does it all.
It works even more efficiently when combined with niacinamide, which you’ll also find in this cream. Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide provides antioxidant properties while also boosting skin barrier function. Add to this some panthenol to condition the skin, plus glycerin for hydration and citric acid for extra brightening prowess, and you have yourself the perfect product for maintaining facial radiance.
- A fragrance-free formula, meaning less chance of experiencing skin irritations
- Focuses on brightening the complexion and evening out skin tone
- Contains a highly stable form of vitamin C
- The only negative reviews are related to this product’s lack of a scent, but we love that Olay hasn’t added any artificial fragrances to this formula
Best Olay Cream for Wrinkles & Fine Lines: Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Face Moisturizer
If fine lines and wrinkles are your main skin concern, then the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Face Moisturizer is worth a try. You probably already know that retinol is a gold-standard ingredient when it comes to restoring skin’s elasticity and firmness, and this night cream makes use of a potent retinol complex to amplify its benefits.
Niacinamide is another one of the active ingredients in this formula, as is palmitoyl pentapeptide-4. Developed based on wound healing research, this peptide gives your skin cells the amino acids that they need to produce new protein fibers. The result is skin that looks and feels smoother, softer, and tighter.
- Contains proven ingredients for minimizing fine lines and wrinkles
- Combines a powerful retinoid complex with soothing ingredients to prevent irritation
- Contains parabens, a preservative that some people try to avoid
Best Olay Formula for Lifting & Toning the Face: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
As the skin ages, it can start to look loose and saggy, but the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream can help to turn things around. This cream is loaded with moisturizing ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and the brand’s amino-peptide complex II. Together, they’re a powerhouse at hydrating skin, sending moisture 10 layers down.
Those same ingredients give this cream its lifting and toning effects too. They boost collagen production to tackle both premature aging as well as deeper, long-term wrinkles, giving you healthy skin after 28 days of regular use.
- Hydrates the skin while also providing anti-aging properties
- Delivers noticeable results after 28 days of use
- Contains fragrance and alcohol, meaning that it could irritate sensitive skin
Best Olay Moisturizer for Dry Skin on the Face: Olay Regenerist Ultra Rich Moisturizer
If you have dry skin, then you need a face cream that’s rich and nourishing, which is where the Olay Regenerist Ultra Rich Moisturizer comes in. Although it feels decadently creamy, this formula absorbs into the skin in just seconds. It brings with it a hydrating blend of niacinamide and peptides, two ingredients that are extremely popular in Olay’s anti-aging products.
In order to meet all of the hydration needs that dry skin has, Olay has also infused this cream with shea butter. Not only does this botanical offer up anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin, but it helps with barrier repair too, giving the skin’s surface a much healthier glow.
- A rich cream that’s ideal for dry skin types
- Helps to hydrate and firm the skin on the face and neck
- Results can be seen after 28 days of regular use
- Fragrance-free, making it suitable for sensitive, delicate skin
- Although shea butter is non-comedogenic, this cream may still feel a little too rich for people with oily skin
Best Olay Anti-Aging Cream That Offers Sun Protection Benefits: Olay Total Effects 7-in-One Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30
It doesn’t matter how good your skincare routine may be – unless you’re using sunscreen each and every day, your skin will suffer, which is why the Olay Total Effects 7-in-One Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30 is such a hit. This product provides the perfect amount of sun protection in a non-greasy formula that feels lightweight when applied.
What makes this sunscreen so special is the fact that it also doubles up as a potent anti-aging cream. This is all down to its vitamin-rich formulation – vitamins B3, B5, C, and E work in the background to hydrate, smooth, and plump the skin’s surface cells, while glycerin delivers moisture deeper within. You’ll also find green tea extract in this cream, an antioxidant-rich botanical that’s often used to delay skin aging.
- Protects the skin from UVA and UVB damage
- Helps with fine lines, wrinkles, the loss of firmness, dullness, an uneven skin texture/tone, and a lack of hydration
- Not suitable for anyone with a sensitive skin type due to its alcohol-based preservatives and its chemical sunscreen agents
Best Olay Products for Acne & Combination Skin: Olay Luminous Whip Face Moisturizer
If excess oil production is one of the biggest skin problems that you deal with on a daily basis, then give the Olay Luminous Whip Face Moisturizer a try. Designed to hydrate the skin without weighing it down, this cream transforms into a liquid upon contact with the face, after which it feels lightweight and breathable – it’s ideal for people with oily or combination skin.
Niacinamide is the main active ingredient in this formula because of how it tackles both skin tone and wrinkles. It has even been proven to reduce sebum production, helping to rebalance oily skin.
- Hydrates the skin and gives it a glow
- Doubles up as a makeup primer
- Helps to rebalance excess sebum production in the skin
- Contains parabens, alcohols, fragrance, and dyes, meaning that it’s not suitable for sensitive skin
Best Olay Product for Wrinkles on the Body: Olay Complete Lotion Moisturizer SPF 15
Some face creams don’t have much of an effect on the body, meaning that you need to add a separate body lotion to your skincare routine. However, treat yourself to the Olay Complete Lotion Moisturizer SPF 15 and you won’t need to do that – not only will this Olay skin care formula reduce fine lines and wrinkles on your face, but it’ll do the same for your body too.
This lotion is brimming with nourishing ingredients. Vitamin E and aloe vera come together to provide eight hours of hydration, while zinc oxide not only contributes to the product’s SPF 15 rating but also delivers anti-inflammatory effects  that keep the skin soothed.
- Feels lightweight and non-greasy on the skin
- Provides SPF 15 sun protection
- Hydrates the skin while also delivering anti-aging antioxidants
- Some people found that this lotion caused breakouts on the face (but didn’t do so on the body)
Best Olay Cosmetics Formula with Peptides & Niacinamide: Olay Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer
If you have dry, aging skin and have been looking into ways to enhance your skincare routine, then you probably already know how important both peptides and niacinamide are. The Olay Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer brings both to the table, enabling it to hydrate and renew the skin.
It’s also infused with glycerin and sodium hyaluronate. Both of these ingredients are humectants, meaning that they draw moisture from the air into the skin. The result is a plump and voluminous finish that makes you look years younger!
- Hydrates, softens, and smooths the skin
- Can also be used as a makeup primer – it leaves the skin looking matte and glowy
- Not suitable for people prone to sensitivities
Best Olay Serum for Instant Hydration: Olay Deep Hydration Vitamin B3 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Every beauty routine should contain a high-quality serum, which is precisely what the Olay Deep Hydration Vitamin B3 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum is. Just one drop of this serum is enough to renew one million skin cells, making it an anti-aging gamechanger.
There are several hydrating compounds incorporated into this formula, which is what makes it so effective. From glycerin and sodium hyaluronate, both of which are go-to humectants, to squalane, niacinamide, and panthenol, it’s no surprise that the skin looks instantly refreshed after each use.
- Skin immediately looks brighter and plumper, with long-term results visible after two weeks of regular use
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free
- Deeply hydrates the skin’s surface cells
- Can be layered underneath other Olay skin care products, such as one of the creams on this list
- People who had expectations of a clear liquid serum were surprised to find that this product was more like a clear, creamy gel. However, it still works well as a serum
Best Skin Care Product for the Summer, According to Reviews: Olay Mist Ultimate Hydration Essence Cooling Face Mist
While many Olay skin products contain anti-inflammatory compounds that calm the skin, none of them are quite as instantly soothing and refreshing as the Olay Mist Ultimate Hydration Essence Cooling Face Mist. Each spray of this microfine mist will boost skin moisture levels by up to 60%, leaving your face looking utterly radiant.
There are several Olay classics in this formula, including niacinamide and glycerin. However, there are also a few botanical extracts that add to its appeal, including skin-soothing chamomile, hydrating aloe vera, and antioxidant-rich rose flower.
- Instantly soothes and refreshes the skin
- Great for hydrating the skin while fortifying the skin’s barrier
- Contains added fragrance (on the plus side, it smells beautiful!)
Which Olay Products Should I Use?
Are you still feeling confused about which Olay formulas you should be using? Here’s some extra guidance, based on your age:
Best Olay Products for 30s
If you’re in your 30s, look for skin care products that focus on preventing aging. Amino acids, peptides, and vitamins will all help – check out the Olay Regenerist Brightening + Vitamin C Hydrating Moisturizer.
Best Olay Products for 40s
Once you’re in your 40s, it’s important to focus on minimizing those fine lines before they develop into deep wrinkles. To do this, look for Olay formulas that contain retinol and peptides, such as the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Face Moisturizer.
Best Olay Products for 50s
Many women experience hormonal fluctuations in their 50s, leading to the skin producing excess sebum. To counter the shine, go for mattifying and rebalancing products, such as the Olay Luminous Whip Face Moisturizer.
Best Olay Products for 60s
Dryness is a common problem once a person reaches their 60s. Search for products that deeply hydrate the skin with humectants and peptides – the Olay Regenerist Ultra Rich Moisturizer would be a good choice.
Best Olay Products for Over 70
Thin skin in your 70s results in a dull, dry, and haggard appearance. You need products that can give you an instant glow while also quenching your thirsty skin cells, and the Olay Mist Ultimate Hydration Essence Cooling Face Mist is perfect for this.
Q: Which one is best Olay?
You’ll find 10 of the best Olay products featured on this page.
Q: Do dermatologists recommend Olay?
Yes, dermatologists recommend Olay for people who are trying to build an effective skin care routine on a budget.
Q: Do Olay products really work?
Yes, Olay products have been clinically proven to work. Product reviews are also generally very positive, which is exactly why the brand is so popular.
Q: Which Olay product is best for older skin?
If you have older skin, look for anti-aging serums and creams from Olay – you’ll find several suitable options on this page!
Q: What does Olay Regenerist do?
Olay Regenerist products have been designed to firm, tighten, and lift the skin.
Q: Which Olay Regenerist product should I use?
The Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream is one of the most effective Olay Regenerist products.
Q: What is the best Oil of Olay product for wrinkles?
The Olay Regenerist line is fantastic for reducing wrinkles.
Q: Olay anti-aging cream for what age?
You should start using Olay anti-aging creams once you’re in your 20s.
Q: Which ingredients should I look for when shopping for Olay products for mature skin?
Look for retinol, peptides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid – you’ll find these in several Olay formulas.
Q: Which Olay cream is best for use around the eyes?
The Olay Total Effects 7-in-One Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30 can be used around the eyes.
Q: What are the best Olay products for anti-aging?
Olay has several products that work well at preventing and treating aging. You’ll find 10 of the best formulas right here on this page.
Q: Are Olay cleansers good?
Yes, both the facial cleansers as well as the body wash products from Olay are very good – add a cleansing brush into your routine and you’ll have ultra-clean skin!
There aren’t many cosmetic brands out there that are able to cater to just about everyone, which is why Olay has made such a name for itself. No matter your skin type, skin concerns, or age, you’ll no doubt find quite a few Olay products capable of improving your complexion, and the 10 formulas featured above give you the perfect starting point in your quest for flawless skin.