Did you know that the thinnest skin anywhere on your face or body can be found on your lips? Add to this the fact that there aren’t any hair follicles or sebaceous glands on the lips, both of which would have offered an added form of protection, and it’s no surprise that the lips are so susceptible to the visible signs of aging.
The loss of volume, an uneven texture, smile lines around the mouth – once your lips start to age, you’ll notice that your appearance looks several years older.
Thankfully, there are plenty of anti-aging lip treatments out there that can help you to achieve a perfect pout once more. Whether you’re looking for instantly fuller and softer lips or would like to bid farewell to those vertical lip lines, these anti-aging lip products offer up the most effective formulas on the market.
How each product is reviewed
Each and every product mentioned on our site has been tested by one of the team members of Pierre Michel Beauty. We do not receive any sponsorship from the brands and all comments are our own. From time to time, we also refer to online reviews and include information about how other people use the products.
Hot take: Our team has taken on the task of extensively testing each of these lip wrinkle cream treatments and found a number of gems. Our top choice remains LifeCell Lip Plumping Treatment. Read on as we go into more detail about each of these excellent products.
- Best Beauty Product for Restoring Plumpness & Eliminating Marionette Lines: LifeCell Lip Plumping Treatment
- Best Formula for Providing Instant Results for Smokers Lines: City Lips Plumping Lip Gloss
- Best Anti-Aging Treatment for Lipstick Lines & Loss of Firmness: Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment
- Best Formula for Rebuilding Collagen Around the Mouth Area: La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres Lips Repairing Lip Balm
- Best SPF Balm to Repair & Protect Dehydrated Lips: CeraVe Healing Lip Balm
- Best Moisturizer for Deep Hydration: Kiehl’s Buttermask
- Best Serum for Refining Lip Surface: SkinCeuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair
- Best Wrinkle Cream for Lip Lines: Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex Treatment
- Best Skincare Product for Wrinkles Above Lips: Weleda Evening Primrose Age Revitalising Eye & Lip Cream
- What cream is good for upper lip wrinkles?
- What is the best cream for wrinkles around lips?
- How do I get rid of deep wrinkles on my upper lip?
- How do you get rid of lines around your mouth without surgery?
- How do I get rid of deep wrinkles around my mouth naturally?
- Can I use retinol on my lips?
- Is there an age corrector product for the lips?
- Conclusion: Finding the Best Lip Wrinkle Cream to Perfect Your Pout
Best Beauty Product for Restoring Plumpness & Eliminating Marionette Lines: LifeCell Lip Plumping Treatment
A lip treatment that delivers instant results? Sign us up!
Designed to plump up the lips in just a few minutes while helping with volume, texture, and wrinkles, in the long run, it’s no surprise that the LifeCell Lip Plumping Treatment is such a hit.
Even better, this lip treatment can double up as a lip primer – layer it under lipstick to prevent feathering and to extend how long the color lasts!
Key Ingredients: MaxiLip & Squalane
Lip plumping treatments are everywhere these days, but none of the others on the market contain MaxiLip, a patented peptide solution exclusive to LifeCell.
These peptides stimulate collagen production in the lips, giving you a smoother and more voluminous pout.
Even better, MaxiLip also improves blood circulation in the lips, which immediately leaves them looking plumper.
LifeCell has also infused this silky formula with several moisturizing agents.
From squalane and castor seed oil to vitamin E and aloe vera, these compounds will deliver a deep dose of moisture – ideal for dry lips!
- This anti-aging lip treatment can also be used as a lip primer
- Instantly plumps up your pout
- Contains a patented peptide that gives you full, youthful-looking lips when used consistently
- Leaves a glossy finish behind, which may not appeal to some people
Best Formula for Providing Instant Results for Smokers Lines: City Lips Plumping Lip Gloss
In many ways, the City Lips Plumping Lip Gloss is quite similar to the lip plumping treatment featured above; both offer immediate volumizing benefits while helping with texture and plumpness in the long run too.
However, there are a few key differences between them, with the first being that City Lips is available in clear, shimmer, and opaque finishes, with 12 different shades to choose from.
It also approaches lip aging from a different angle – antioxidant-rich botanicals are the star of the show here, resulting in a lip serum gloss that’s suitable for all skin types.
Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Oligopeptides, Ylang Ylang, Jojoba & Citrus
This anti-aging lip product boasts quite a long list of active ingredients.
Its instant plumping effects are thanks to hyaluronic acid, a humectant that plays a crucial role in every anti-aging skin care regimen.
It’s also loaded with moisturizing ingredients, from jojoba oil to coconut amino acids, both of which immediately soften and smooth lips.
Its long-term results are down to oligopeptides, which trigger collagen production to decrease lip wrinkles and increase lip volume in as little as one month.
Since this gloss is filled with botanicals too, your lips will also enjoy antioxidant protection, which is vital for keeping your pout soft and perky.
- Provides decent results when it comes to its instant lip-plumping effects
- Helps with lip wrinkles and lip fullness in the long run
- In addition to the clear formula, this gloss comes in 12 different shades with opaque and shimmering finishes
- Since the product is quite thick, getting it out of the bottle can sometimes be a little tricky
Best Anti-Aging Treatment for Lipstick Lines & Loss of Firmness: Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment
Once the skin on the lips and around the mouth starts to thin out, feather lines and deeper wrinkles appear.
The only way to smooth these away is to restore volume and elasticity to your skin, which is what the Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment aims to do.
By boosting skin resiliency and barrier function, it’ll give you softer, bouncier, and firmer lips.
Key Ingredients: Indian Gentian Extract, Sesame Seed Extract, Apple Fruit Extract & Shea Butter
This treatment’s ingredient list is definitely impressive. Indian gentian extract is a star player, with this botanical boasting powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
By reducing inflammation while you sleep at night, this formula allows your skin cells to function to their full potential.
The antioxidant content of sesame seed extract, apple fruit extract, and the numerous other plant extracts formulated into this product are worth mentioning too.
Together, they’ll reduce fine lines and wrinkles while evening out your skin tone, giving you a pinker pout.
- A treatment that soothes inflammation while improving the strength, resiliency, and volume of your lips
- Packed with powerful anti-aging botanical extracts
- Some reviewers noted that it left their lips feeling quite dry
Best Formula for Rebuilding Collagen Around the Mouth Area: La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres Lips Repairing Lip Balm
Does sensitive skin make shopping for anti-aging lip products an absolute nightmare?
If you can relate, then you’ll love the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres Lips Repairing Lip Balm.
Designed for severely dry or damaged lips, this ultra-gentle formula soothes, nourishes, and protects to restore a healthier finish.
Key Ingredients: Panthenol, Neurosensine & Shea Butter
Shea butter forms the base of this lip balm, an ingredient known for its ability to repair a damaged skin barrier . This is joined by panthenol, or vitamin B5, which boosts skin cell renewal.
However, what sets this product apart is its neurosensine. This peptide blocks the feeling of discomfort in the skin , making it a godsend for anyone that’s experiencing pain or irritation in their lips.
- A very gentle formula that can be used on children as young as three
- Contains a number of soothing ingredients
- Focuses more on treating dryness and damage, rather than on anti-aging
Best SPF Balm to Repair & Protect Dehydrated Lips: CeraVe Healing Lip Balm
If you’re constantly dealing with chapped lips that feel dehydrated, then UV protection is what you need, and you’ll find that in the CeraVe Healing Lip Balm.
This balm provides SPF 30 protection, along with compounds that’ll heal, soothe, and nourish chapped skin on the lips.
Key Ingredients: Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid & Ceramides
In addition to broad spectrum SPF 30, this balm is also brimming with vitamin E. A potent antioxidant, vitamin E is also a superstar at replenishing the skin barrier, which is exactly what chapped lips need.
This is amplified even further by ceramides, which have a similar effect.
Add to this some hyaluronic acid for hydration and you’ve got yourself a product that’s perfect for sensitive skin and chapped lips.
- Protects the lips from UV rays to prevent sun damage
- Heals chapped and dry lips
- The unscented formula is suitable for sensitive skin
- Some reviewers found that this balm wasn’t moisturizing enough for severely dry lips
Best Moisturizer for Deep Hydration: Kiehl’s Buttermask
You probably already have a go-to face mask that you turn to when your skin needs a pick-me-up, but if you don’t also have a nourishing lip mask in your skincare rotation then you’re seriously missing out.
This is what Kiehl’s Buttermask is – a deeply hydrating overnight lip mask that will smooth, soften, and refresh your lips while you sleep.
Key Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Wild Mango Butter & Vanilla Fruit Extract
Nothing quite beats the prowess of plant oils and butter when it comes to hydrating the lips, so it only makes sense that Kiehl’s has heaped a handful into this formula.
Coconut oil, wild mango butter, cocoa seed butter, jojoba oil, acacia flower wax – all of these ultra-nourishing ingredients make this formula one of the best anti-aging lip treatments available.
Even better, there’s vanilla fruit extract in this mask too. Not only does this give the product a dreamy scent, but vanilla is bursting with antioxidants  that will help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- A deeply nourishing lip mask that will have you waking up to softer lips with fewer fine lines and wrinkles
- Can be worn under makeup – just give the cream 15 minutes to soak into your lips before applying other lip products
- May be too rich for people with oily skin
Best Serum for Refining Lip Surface: SkinCeuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair
Once fine lines and wrinkles start to develop on the lips and around the mouth, the surface of the lips can look quite uneven and shadowed.
The SkinCeuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair counters this by refining the lips, making your pout look and feel so much smoother.
Key Ingredients: Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Vitamin E & Silymarin
Humectants are ingredients that draw in moisture from the air around you, delivering them to your skin cells as and when needed.
They’re great for their instant plumping effects, which not only give you fuller lips but also smooths out the appearance of lip wrinkles.
From sodium hyaluronate to glycerin to urea, there are several humectants in this lip serum that will contribute to youthful-looking lips.
You may also notice an ingredient called silymarin in this treatment. This is an active compound from the milk thistle plant that offers powerful antioxidant properties.
- Full of antioxidants, which is great for boosting collagen formation and reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- A good formula for people dealing with vertical lines around the mouth and fine lines running through the lips
- Some reviews noted that the product’s pump was a little difficult to operate
Best Wrinkle Cream for Lip Lines: Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex Treatment
Dry skin on the face combined with dry lips is never fun to deal with, especially when the dryness makes fine lines and wrinkles look so much more noticeable.
The Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment addresses all of this; dry skin, dehydrated lips, and all of those creases around your mouth.
With a rich, balm-like consistency, this treatment should be applied to the delicate skin on and around your lips twice a day.
Do this and you’ll soon notice fewer lines and softer lips.
Key Ingredients: Avocado Oil, Shea Butter & Cocoa Butter
This product is all about hydration and moisturization, which is why you’ll find several plant butters and oils packed into this formula.
Avocado oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, and castor seed oil come together with vitamin E and squalane to infuse your current lip care routine with a hefty dose of moisture and antioxidants.
The result? Lips that feel smoother and firmer, without any pesky wrinkles spidering their way around them.
- Deeply hydrates lips
- Helps to smooth and soften rough lips, which also means that fine lines and wrinkles become less visible
- May be too rich and heavy for people with oily skin, as it could cause breakouts around the mouth
Best Skincare Product for Wrinkles Above Lips: Weleda Evening Primrose Age Revitalising Eye & Lip Cream
The Weleda Evening Primrose Age Revitalising Eye & Lip Cream is an anti-aging moisturizer designed for delicate skin, such as that on/around the lips and around the eye area.
The brand’s own studies show that this product is able to produce results in just 28 days.
In addition to improving how soft and smooth the lips look, it also significantly reduces the visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
Key Ingredients: Evening Primrose Oil & Inca Nut Oil
Evening primrose oil has long since been revered for its healing properties, so it definitely has its place in anti-aging lip products.
Research shows that it can help with elasticity, firmness, and moisture , meaning that you can say goodbye to those fine lines and deeper wrinkles!
Inca nut oil has been included in this blend for its cell-regenerating properties, while Centella Asiatica helps to kick collagen production up a notch, reducing signs of aging.
- A cream that can be used twice a day as part of your regular skincare routine
- Filled with powerful botanicals to deeply treat the lips
- Can be used as both a lip cream and an eye cream
- May feel a little too rich to layer under makeup
What cream is good for upper lip wrinkles?
The best anti-aging lip cream for upper lip wrinkles will be one that contains a combination of peptides, hyaluronic acid, and antioxidant-rich extracts. The creams on this list are all great examples!
What is the best cream for wrinkles around lips?
Take a look at the creams featured on this list – they’re all great for wrinkles around the mouth and lips.
How do I get rid of deep wrinkles on my upper lip?
To get rid of deep wrinkles on your upper lip, you’ll need to cleanse the area twice a day and follow up with a cream designed for lip wrinkles. Make sure that you’re also exfoliating regularly, and put an end to any bad habits that contribute to lip wrinkles, such as smoking or drinking through a straw.
How do you get rid of lines around your mouth without surgery?
You’ll need to invest in a good skincare routine for the skin around the mouth, while also following a healthy lifestyle.
How do I get rid of deep wrinkles around my mouth naturally?
There are several natural products out there that will help you to get rid of deep wrinkles around your mouth.
Can I use retinol on my lips?
Some people are able to use retinol on their lips without any problems. However, for others, this potent ingredient can quickly irritate the fragile skin on their lips, which is why most choose to opt for other anti-agers instead.
Is there an age corrector product for the lips?
Yes, there are many glosses, balms, creams, and treatments available that will help you to reduce the signs of aging on your lips. Check out the products on this page!
Conclusion: Finding the Best Lip Wrinkle Cream to Perfect Your Pout
While everyone ages in their own way, lip lines, and wrinkles, along with dryness and a loss of volume, are common complaints.
Do nothing and they’ll only get worse, which is why it’s worth investing in one of the best anti-aging lip products available as soon as you notice the signs of aging starting to creep up.
Whether you’d prefer a plumping lip gloss, a smoothing cream, or a hydrating balm, pick a treatment from this list, use it consistently, and you should start to see improvements in a matter of weeks!