While it may seem as though those fine lines around your eyes have appeared overnight, they’ve actually been developing for years. With the skin surrounding the eye area being thinner than the skin anywhere else on the face, it’s usually the first to start creasing, and it won’t be long before those light, subtle lines turn into rigid folds.
What’s the best way to keep your eye area looking as smooth, firm, and bright as possible? An eye cream is the answer. However, if you’re on a tight budget, don’t despair – a good eye cream doesn’t need to cost a fortune. In fact, there are several drugstore eye creams that are just as capable as the more exclusive, high-end formulas – some even more so!
So, if you’re looking for affordable eye creams that’ll give you a more youthful appearance without breaking the bank, here are 10 budget-friendly drugstore formulas that have been proven to work.
|Editor's Choice||#2nd Best Choice||#3rd Best Choice|
LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
#2nd Best Choice
RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
#3rd Best Choice
La Roche Posay Pigmentclar Eye Cream
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Formula for Boosting Elasticity & Tightening Wrinkles: LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
- 2 Best Over-the-Counter Retinol Treatment for Crow’s Feet: RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
- 3 Best Drugstore Eye Cream for Sensitive Skin Prone to Irritation & Dryness: La Roche Posay Pigmentclar Eye Cream
- 4 Best Affordable Anti-Aging Product for Hydrating & Firming Benefits: CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
- 5 Best Eye Cream Under $50 for Boosting Collagen Production: Olay Regenerist Retinol24 Night Eye Cream
- 6 Best Under Eye Moisturizer to Use for Thin Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Eye Cream
- 7 Best Eye Cream Under $20 for Fine Lines & Hydration: Garnier SkinActive Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream
- 8 Best Drugstore Eye Cream for Puffiness & Eye Bags: Vichy LiftActiv Supreme Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
- 9 Best Drugstore Cream for Dark Circles: No7 Lift and Luminate Triple Action Eye Cream
- 10 Best Eye Cream for 20s: L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream
- 11 FAQ
- 12 Conclusion: Choosing the Best Drugstore Eye Cream for Wrinkles
Top Rated Formula for Boosting Elasticity & Tightening Wrinkles: LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
Although the LifeCell All-in-One Skin-Tightening Treatment isn’t technically an eye cream, it works so well on eye wrinkles, dark circles, and under-eye bags. What makes this formula more impressive is the fact that it provides both immediate smoothing results thanks to its reflective pigments, as well as long-term tightening benefits – it’s a win-win!
Key Ingredients: DMAE, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C
You’ll find a collection of some of the most potent anti-aging ingredients available in this treatment. DMAE, which softens and smoothes wrinkles, is one, as is retinol, which is famed for boosting cell turnover and collagen production to produce a firmer and tighter finish.
You’ll also find hyaluronic acid in this blend, mainly for its hydrating, skin-plumping benefits, along with the brightening properties of two forms of vitamin C. Shea butter, vitamin E, and oat kernel extract offer up soothing and moisturizing properties, resulting in the ultimate eye cream formula for boosting skin elasticity.
- Contains some of the best anti-aging active ingredients in the industry
- Offers both instant and long-term results for all skin types
- Can be used on other parts of the face and neck too
- Not specifically designed for the eye area (but gentle enough to be used here without any problems)
- Isn’t usually available at drugstores, but can easily be purchased online
Best Over-the-Counter Retinol Treatment for Crow’s Feet: RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream
You’ll find retinol in several of the best drugstore eye creams, but few are able to compete with the potency offered by the RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream. We love this formula for how it’s able to smooth fine lines and crow’s feet, but it’s also a great way to banish dark circles and puffiness. Use it regularly and you’ll start to notice results in 4 weeks, with these continuing to improve over time.
Key Ingredients: RoC® Retinol & Panthenol
What sets this drugstore eye cream apart from the others is the fact that it contains pure RoC® Retinol. This patented complex has undergone over 100 clinical studies, with all of that in-depth research proving its higher potency in comparison to other forms of retinol.
While retinol may be the star of the show, panthenol is an important supporting act. It soothes the skin to prevent the retinol from causing irritation, while also helping with hydration, elasticity, and restoring the skin’s natural protective barrier .
- Contains a powerful, patented form of retinol that you won’t find anywhere else
- Has been clinically proven to brighten, de-puff, and smooth the skin around the eyes
- Contains parabens, a preservative that has quite a bad reputation
Best Drugstore Eye Cream for Sensitive Skin Prone to Irritation & Dryness: La Roche Posay Pigmentclar Eye Cream
If you have sensitive skin, then you need to be even more careful about the ingredients that you apply around your eyes. That’s why we love the La Roche Posay Pigmentclar Eye Cream. This drugstore eye cream has been designed specifically for sensitive skin, and is designed to perk up tired-looking eyes while giving the eye contour a smoother and more supple finish.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine, Vitamin B3 & Ferulic Acid
It’s always great to see caffeine in an eye cream. Why? Because caffeine constricts blood vessels , which immediately gives the skin a brighter, smoother, and perkier appearance.
Niacinamide is another good choice – not only does it even out skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation, but it also fortifies the skin barrier while offering up antioxidant properties . This is supported by ferulic acid, an ingredient that’s revered for how its protective antioxidant properties seem to hone in on skin cells and structure .
- Gentle enough to be used daily on sensitive skin
- Free of harmful or irritating ingredients
- Not quite as potent as some of the other eye creams out there, meaning that it’ll take slightly longer to see results
Best Affordable Anti-Aging Product for Hydrating & Firming Benefits: CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
CeraVe products are known for being very affordable, and the CeraVe Eye Repair Cream is no exception. Many would say that this is the best drugstore eye cream, not only because of its low price but also due to how it so effectively hydrates, plumps, and firms the eye area.
Key Ingredients: Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide
In terms of hydrating ingredients, this anti-aging eye cream is loaded with ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, aloe extract, sweet almond oil, and more. These ingredients also strengthen the skin’s barrier, firm up the skin, and fade dark spots.
You’ll also find a special marine and botanical complex in this blend. Its purpose is to brighten the skin, leaving your eye area looking more radiant than ever.
- Contains a number of moisturizing ingredients that are great for hydrating and plumping up the skin
- An affordable product that has been made with high-quality ingredients
- Has quite a long ingredient list, meaning that there’s more chance of experiencing allergic reactions if you’re prone to sensitivities
Best Eye Cream Under $50 for Boosting Collagen Production: Olay Regenerist Retinol24 Night Eye Cream
Using the Olay Regenerist Retinol24 Night Eye Cream is a great way to stimulate collagen production. This creates a thicker and denser layer of protein fibers underneath your skin, which gives it more volume and smoothes away fine lines and wrinkles. Clinical studies confirm this, showing that results can be expected after 28 days.
Key Ingredients: Retinol & Niacinamide
An exclusive retinol complex is the main active ingredient in this anti-aging eye cream. It enhances the power of retinol, making it even more effective at ramping up collagen and elastin production.
You’ll also find niacinamide in this drugstore eye cream, also known as vitamin B3. As mentioned earlier, this multi-tasking antioxidant is great for smoothing fine lines and brightening the skin tone.
- Contains a powerful retinol complex to tackle the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- A fragrance-free formula
- Contains benzyl alcohol, which could irritate sensitive skin
Best Under Eye Moisturizer to Use for Thin Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Eye Cream
If you’d prefer a product that offers a lighter formula than a cream yet a richer consistency than an eye serum, then you’ll fall in love with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Eye Cream. This water gel formula is ultra-refreshing. It offers intense hydration, which gives the skin a thicker finish, plus a brighter and plumper glow.
Key Ingredients: Sodium Hyaluronate & Glycerin
Two of the main ingredients in this formula are sodium hyaluronate and glycerin, both of which are hydrating humectants. Sodium hyaluronate is a form of hyaluronic acid that penetrates even deeper into the skin, meaning longer-lasting hydration.
There are also a few olive-derived compounds in this product. Not only do they moisturize the skin, but they bring a cocktail of vitamins and antioxidants with them too. This helps to thicken and firm the skin.
- An extremely hydrating formula
- Has a lightweight consistency that quickly absorbs into under-eye skin
- Focuses more on hydration than anti-aging and wrinkles
Best Eye Cream Under $20 for Fine Lines & Hydration: Garnier SkinActive Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream
Looking for drugstore eye creams that offer the best value for money? Meet the Garnier SkinActive Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night Cream. If its bargain price wasn’t attractive enough, this eye cream has also been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by up to one grade in just 28 days.
Key Ingredients: Shea Butter & Apple Stem Cells
Shea butter and glycerin form the base of this anti-aging eye cream, making it feel incredibly nourishing and hydrating when applied.
This is combined with apple stem cells. Research shows that plant stem cells can help the skin in a number of ways; they promote regeneration, improve skin structure, reduce pore visibility , and so much more!
- An affordable formula that hydrates and smoothes the skin
- Can be used around the eyes, as well as on the rest of the face, neck, and chest
- Contains a few ingredients that could irritate sensitive skin
Best Drugstore Eye Cream for Puffiness & Eye Bags: Vichy LiftActiv Supreme Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
If you’re sick of seeing puffy eyes staring back at you from the mirror each morning, give the Vichy LiftActiv Supreme Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream a try. Not only has this product been clinically proven to rejuvenate the skin and reduce wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness, but, unlike many of the other drugstore eye creams out there, it can also be safely used on the eyelids.
Key Ingredients: Rhamnose, Caffeine & Escine
We’ve already spoken about caffeine, an ingredient famed for constricting blood vessels to de-puff the delicate skin around the eyes. This is helped by escine, a compound derived from the horse chestnut tree with powerful anti-inflammatory properties .
Add to that some rhamnose, a plant sugar that targets wrinkles and an uneven texture, and you’ve got yourself the ultimate eye cream for giving your face a more youthful appearance.
- Contains some unique active ingredients that you won’t easily find in other drugstore eye creams
- Helps with puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles
- Safe to be used on the eyelids too
- Might feel too rich for people with oily skin types
Best Drugstore Cream for Dark Circles: No7 Lift and Luminate Triple Action Eye Cream
If you’re looking for a brightening eye cream to get rid of dark circles and discoloration, then the No7 Lift and Luminate Triple Action Eye Cream will be your new best friend. Designed to refresh and brighten the look of tired eyes while firming up under-eye skin, this anti-aging eye cream provides results in just a few weeks.
Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Ginseng Extract & Antioxidants
Hyaluronic acid is what helps this product to brighten and plump the skin, while ginseng extract is a great one for boosting collagen production to reverse and prevent skin wrinkling .
There are also a number of antioxidant-rich botanicals in this blend. From hibiscus to Indian gooseberry to white mulberry, these will help to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals to put a hold on the skin aging process.
- Loaded with antioxidants, which is great for anti-aging
- Firms, brightens and smoothes the skin around the eyes
- Contains a couple of ingredients, such as denatured alcohol, that could irritate the skin
Best Eye Cream for 20s: L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream
Although the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream works well at reversing both fine lines and deeper wrinkles, it’s particularly effective when it comes to prevention. This cream will give you smoother skin in just one week, with results getting even better if you continue to use the product consistently.
Key Ingredients: Grape Seed Extract, Peppermint Extract, Caffeine & Sodium Hyaluronate
When it comes to antioxidants, grape seed extract is one of the best sources out there. Its effects are helped by the fact that this cream also boasts a number of other antioxidant-rich ingredients, including peppermint extract and Japanese cedar bud extract.
You’ll also find caffeine in this formula, along with sodium hyaluronate, both of which offer immediate results when it comes to plumping and tightening the skin.
- Contains a good selection of antioxidant-rich extracts
- Plumps and firms the skin while also reducing the appearance of crow’s feet and fine lines
- Peppermint extract can sometimes trigger sensitivities
Q: Can eye cream get rid of wrinkles?
Yes, so long as it contains an effective formula, an eye cream can get rid of wrinkles pretty quickly! If you want smooth and healthy skin, eye cream is a must. You’ll find the best drugstore eye creams on this page.
Q: What is best for wrinkles around eyes?
If you’re trying to get rid of wrinkles around your eyes, develop a regular eye care routine. This should consist of a gentle cleanser, an eye serum, and an eye cream, as well as an SPF product to protect sensitive eyes from UV rays.
Q: Is there any eye cream that actually works?
All of the 10 eye creams featured on this page have been clinically proven to work.
Q: What is the best eye cream money can buy?
We think that the LifeCell All-in-One Skin Tightening Treatment is one of the best eye creams that money can buy.
Q: Which brand would dermatologists recommend when buying a new eye cream?
Most dermatologists would back all of the brands featured on this page, including LifeCell, RoC, and Vichy.
Q: Which eye cream has the best reviews for the fastest results?
Reviews show that the LifeCell All-in-One Skin Tightening Treatment offers some of the fastest results when compared to all of the best drugstore eye creams available.
Conclusion: Choosing the Best Drugstore Eye Cream for Wrinkles
In addition to tackling wrinkles and crow’s feet, each of the products featured on this page has also been clinically proven to help with other skin concerns too. Whether it may be dark circles, overly thin and delicate skin, hyperpigmentation due to sun damage, or general dullness, match your main issues to a suitable product on our list and you should start to see improvements in your skin in a matter of weeks.