In your 50s, you may start to experience new skin concerns that weren’t present in your youth. After all, the skin doesn’t stay smooth and plump forever. Eventually, it tends to become thinner, dryer, and less elastic.
But, with a rejuvenating skincare routine, you can nourish the skin and prevent signs of aging. So, to help you attain youthful skin in your 50s, we’ve rounded up our favorite anti-aging skincare products. With potent ingredients like retinol, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid, the products listed above can give you bright, healthy skin.[ninja_tables id=”18803″]
- Top Products: The Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Routine for 50s
- Our #1 Product for the Best Face Regimen for 50s
- The Best Anti-Aging Serum for 50s
- The Best Skincare for Older Women: Cleanser Formula
- The Best Anti-Wrinkle Regimen Serum
- The Best Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum
- The Best Daily Lotion with Sunscreen for Mature Skin
- The Best Nightcream for Tired Moms
- The Best Oil-Free Moisturizer with Sunscreen for Aging Skin
- The Best Chemical Exfoliant for Lines and Hyperpigmentation
- The Best Neck Cream for Women in Their 50s
- Leading Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients
- Treatments To Include in Your Anti-Aging Skincare Routine
- Q: What is a Good Skin Care Routine for Over 50?
- Q: Should I Use Retinol in My 50s?
- Q: How Can I Rejuvenate My 50-Year-Old Skin?
- Q: How Do You Get Rid of Wrinkles at 50?
- Q: How Do You Get Rid of Wrinkles Overnight?
- Q: How Can I Improve My Skin as I Get Older?
- Q: How can I make my 50-year-old skin look younger?
- Q: Does Retinol Make You Age Faster?
- Q: How Do You Reverse Skin Age?
- Q: How Do You Get Rid of Wrinkles at 50?
- Q: Can Old Skin Be Rejuvenated?
- Q: What is the Fastest Way To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Naturally?
- Q: What are the Best Wrinkle Remedies for Skin Over 50?
- Q: What is the Best Skin Care Line for Over 50?
- Q: Which Products Do Dermatologists Recommend for 50-Year-Old Skin?
- Q: How Can I Keep My Skincare Routine Simple?
- Q: What is the Best Skin Care Routine for 50-Year-Old Woman?
- Q: What is the Best Night Cream for Over 50?
- Q: Which Skincare Products are the Best for Mature, Combination Skin?
- Conclusion: How To Choose a Skincare Regimen for Skin Over 50
Top Products: The Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Routine for 50s
Our #1 Product for the Best Face Regimen for 50s
LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment
The LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment is our top choice for over-50 skin regimens. This powerhouse product features leading anti-aging ingredients to visibly reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.
The key ingredients in this anti-aging treatment include:
- Retinol, a formulation of vitamin A that’s considered the gold standard of anti-aging skincare.
- DMAE, a compound that enhances the firmness of the skin while reducing inflammation 
- Hyaluronic acid, a humectant that traps moisture in the skin
- Vitamin C, a robust antioxidant that can brighten the skin while fighting free radical damage
This dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic formula features microfillers and light-reflecting technology to dramatically reduce fine lines and discoloration upon application. While the product can immediately give you a more youthful appearance, it also fights the skin aging process over time. This makes it the best anti-aging night cream for 50s.
- Features powerful, clinically-proven anti-aging ingredients including retinol and vitamin C
- Improves the appearance of the skin immediately upon application
- High price tag
The Best Anti-Aging Serum for 50s
Olay Regenerist Fragrance-Free Regenerating Face Serum
The Olay Regenerist Fragrance-Free Regenerating Face Serum is a lightweight formula designed to plump and hydrate the skin. With consistent application, this serum can visibly firm the skin while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
This fast-absorbing formula features 2 key ingredients:
- Olay’s Amino-Peptide Complex II
Amino peptides are crucial for the skin’s development of proteins including collagen and elastin. The amino-peptide complex in this serum can give your skin a firmer, smoother appearance .
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)
Vitamin B3 supports skin cell regeneration and moisture retention, leading to a smoother, brighter complexion.
- Lightweight and fast-absorbing
- Contains peptides and niacinamide to improve skin texture and appearance
- May not provide enough hydration for dry and sensitive skin types
The Best Skincare for Older Women: Cleanser Formula
Murad Age Reform Refreshing Cleanser
The Murad Age Reform Refreshing Cleanser is one of our top face wash picks for people over 50. With a non-drying formula that softens and balances out the skin, this gentle cleanser can be used both morning and night.
The key ingredients in this mild cleanser include:
- Cucumber extract, a soothing ingredient for stressed, over-processed, and dry skin
- Hawaiian white ginger, a hydrating ingredient that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin
- Purified microalgae extract, which firms the skin in the short and long-term
Witch hazel, kiwi fruit extract, and glycolic acid are also included in this cleansing formula to remove makeup and impurities without stripping the skin of moisture.
- Non-drying formula won’t irritate dry skin
- Softens and firms the skin with algae extract, Hawaiian white ginger, and cucumber extract
- Washes away makeup, including stubborn waterproof mascara
- Contains fragrance
- Contains parabens
- May not suit sensitive skin
The Best Anti-Wrinkle Regimen Serum
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair® Anti-Wrinkle Serum
The Rapid Wrinkle Repair® Anti-Wrinkle Serum from Neutrogena is a rejuvenating serum that’s among the best skincare for women over 50. Designed to fade crow’s feet, brighten the under-eye area, smooth facial lines, and reduce dark circles, this night serum can give you more youthful-looking skin within a week.
The key ingredients in this serum include:
Retinol is the most potent anti-wrinkle ingredient in this formula. It boosts collagen synthesis and supports the skin’s repair process, leading to smoother, less wrinkled skin .
- Glucose complex
The glucose complex supports the skin’s natural lipid barrier to prevent irritation .
- Hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid plumps and hydrates the skin.
This serum gets to work quickly, and many users notice an improvement in visible signs of aging within days of the first application. Note that retinol is a powerful exfoliator, so your skin may need time to adjust to the formula.
- Retinol visibly reduces fine lines
- Glucose complex and hyaluronic acid hydrate the skin and prevent dryness
- Contains fragrance
- May irritate sensitive skin
The Best Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum
Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Serum
If you’re struggling with dull skin and uneven skin tone in your 50s, the Drunk Elephant C-Firma Fresh Day Serum could be a great choice for you. It’s a brightening vitamin C serum with the power to give your skin a youthful glow while improving the appearance of sun damage.
This formula contains a variety of ingredients to heal and rejuvenate mature skin, including:
- Antioxidant complex
With a blend of 15% l-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), 0.5% ferulic acid, and 1% vitamin E, this antioxidant complex reduces signs of photoaging while protecting the skin against environmental stressors.
- Pumpkin ferment and pomegranate extract
These natural ingredients enhance the penetration of the antioxidant complex while providing gentle exfoliation.
This chronopeptide simulates the antioxidant benefits of vitamin D.
- Grape juice extract
This antioxidant-rich ingredient soothes the skin while offering powerful protection against free radicals.
- Indian gooseberry
As another component that’s packed with antioxidants, Indian gooseberry firms the skin and limits oxidative stress.
This serum is unique in that you’ll need to mix it yourself before using it for the first time. This is a simple task, but ensures that the formula is as fresh and potent as possible.
- Potent formula visibly reduces signs of aging and photodamage
- Natural ingredients prevent free radical damage
- Unique packaging ensures product potency
- The formula may give the face a shiny appearance
The Best Daily Lotion with Sunscreen for Mature Skin
CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid
The AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF and Hyaluronic Acid is a morning cream designed to protect the skin barrier while preventing sun damage. If you struggle with acne-prone skin in adulthood, this non-comedogenic cream could benefit your skincare routine.
The key ingredients in this daily cream include:
- SPF 30 with InVisibleZinc™ Technology
SPF 30 featuring microfine zinc oxide provides broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays with a smooth, non-chalky finish.
- 3 essential ceramides
Ceramides lock moisture into the skin while helping to keep the protective skin barrier intact. CeraVe uses patented MVE technology to encapsulate ceramides for effective delivery into the skin barrier and a slow release over time.
- Hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid plumps and hydrates the skin.
Niacinamide offers soothing, anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin.
- Offers sun protection with SPF 30 sunscreen
- Ceramides and hyaluronic acid hydrate the skin and help protect the skin barrier
- Niacinamide calms and soothes the skin
- Contains parabens
The Best Nightcream for Tired Moms
La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP+M Triple Repair Body Moisturizer
The Triple Repair Body Moisturizer from La Roche-Posay can help you manage dry, dehydrated skin in your 50s. It’s clinically proven to provide 48-hour hydration and diminish dry, rough patches of skin.
The prominent ingredients in this body cream for dry to extra dry skin include:
Ceramide 3 is a skin-identical lipid that supports the skin’s barrier and helps keep the skin hydrated.
- Shea butter
Shea butter sustainably sourced in Burkina Faso soothes and hydrates the skin.
Niacinamide helps restore the skin barrier and can visibly diminish discoloration.
Glycerin from vegetable sources acts as a humectant, meaning that it draws moisture from your surroundings into the skin.
- Postbiotic Aqua Posae Filiformis
This patented postbiotic helps rebalance the skin microbiome and restore the moisture barrier .
- La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water soothes the skin while delivering a potent dose of antioxidants from selenium.
- Suitable for dry to very dry skin
- Safe for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation, as well as patients with eczema
- The prebiotic formula balances the skin microbiome
- Provides 48-hour hydration
- May be too heavy for patients with normal to oily skin
The Best Oil-Free Moisturizer with Sunscreen for Aging Skin
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
The UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 facial sunscreen from EltaMD is one of our top sunscreen picks for people over the age of 50. With SPF 46 sun protection from zinc oxide and octinoxate, it offers protection against premature skin aging and skin cancer.
As a non-comedogenic cream, this product is designed to help soothe and protect sensitive, acne-prone skin. Its ingredients also support the unique needs of mature skin:
- Niacinamide reduces redness, helps repair damaged skin, and gives the skin a more supple appearance
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that helps the skin retain moisture
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that fights free radical damage to reduce signs of skin aging
- Lactic acid increases skin cell turnover and gives the skin a firmer appearance 
This leading sunscreen is available in tinted and untinted formulations.
- SPF 46 with zinc oxide shields the skin against UV damage
- The formula soothes and rejuvenates mature skin
- Ideal for people who struggle with acne breakouts, hyperpigmentation, rosacea, and aging skin
- Tinted and untinted versions are available
- The untinted formula leaves a white cast
The Best Chemical Exfoliant for Lines and Hyperpigmentation
Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
The Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant is a leave-on exfoliant that gently removes built-up skin cells. The popular formula unclogs pores, smoothes fine lines, and gives the skin a more uniform appearance.
The key ingredients in this rejuvenating exfoliant include:
BHA (beta hydroxy acid) more commonly known as salicylic acid, BHA is a gentle exfoliant that removes dead skin cells, unclogs pores, and softens the skin.
- Green tea
Green tea is an antioxidant that soothes the skin, improves the appearance of sun damage, and offers notable anti-aging benefits.
This hydrating solvent improves the absorption of other ingredients.
- Safe for all skin types
- Provides gentle exfoliation to clear pores, brighten the skin, and soften wrinkles
- Not strong enough for deep wrinkles
The Best Neck Cream for Women in Their 50s
StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream
For sagging, crepey skin on the neck, consider the StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream. This popular neck cream uses the innovative Gravitite-CF Lifting Complex™ for lifted, elastic, and youthful-looking skin on the neck and décolleté.
The Gravitite-CF Lifting Complex™ was specifically designed for the neck and décolleté. It contains advanced ingredients to provide a visible lift and improved skin elasticity.
Other key components of this anti-aging neck cream include:
- NIA-114™, which is StriVectin’s proprietary form of vitamin B3. It reinforces the skin barrier and enhances other ingredients’ performance.
- Botanical Brightening Complex with bearberry extract, which fades discoloration and evens out the skin tone
- Lipopeptides, which improve the appearance of neck lines and crepey skin
The StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream can help you attain a younger-looking profile by firming, smoothing, brightening, and hydrating the skin on the neck and décolleté.
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles on the neck
- Targets discoloration with botanical extracts
- Improves the appearance of crepey skin
- Contains fragrance
Leading Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients
Retinol for Increased Collagen Production
Retinol is a potent anti-aging ingredient. It works by increasing skin cell turnover and collagen production. With consistent use, retinol will prompt the skin to produce collagen more rapidly, leading to smoother, healthier, and more youthful-looking skin .
Hyaluronic Acid for Deep Hydration
Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, meaning that it draws moisture from its surroundings. It’s found naturally in the body. But, when hyaluronic acid is used in skincare, it provides deep hydration and improves skin elasticity.
Vitamin C for Free Radical Damage
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. Along with its brightening properties, it fights free radical damage in the skin caused by exposure to pollution, UV radiation, and chemicals .
Sunscreen with SPF 30
Sun damage is a leading cause of premature skin aging. So, sunscreen with SPF 30 is a must in the best anti-aging regimen for 50s to prevent facial lines, dryness, and discoloration from UV ray damage .
Treatments To Include in Your Anti-Aging Skincare Routine
The aging process naturally slows down this skin cell cycle. This means that your skin won’t shed dull, dead cells as quickly as it did in your youth.
Exfoliation offsets this effect of aging. By sloughing away dead cells with an exfoliating product, you can attain brighter, healthier skin .
Peels are potent exfoliating treatments. With a peel, you can achieve a more dramatic improvement in age spots, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines than you would with a typical exfoliating product. However, peels should be used with caution to prevent irritated skin.
Aging causes the skin to lose many of its natural oils, often leading to dryness . A deeply hydrating, nourishing mask can help you keep up with the aging process and maintain soft, supple skin.
Hydrating Eye Cream
The thin, delicate skin around the eyes is more susceptible to visible signs of aging. A gentle yet hydrating eye cream can help you fend off crow’s feet and dark circles as you reach your 50s.
Rich Hand Cream
It’s easy to forget about the hands while you’re worried about signs of aging on the face. However, the fat and proteins that keep your hands soft and smooth in your younger years diminish over time. So, to preserve the appearance of your hands in your 50s, make sure to include a rich, moisturizing hand cream in your daily beauty regimen .
Q: What is a Good Skin Care Routine for Over 50?
For people over 50, a skincare regimen should include moisturizing, nourishing products with active ingredients to prevent signs of aging, including retinol. Sunscreen should also be included in your morning routine.
Q: Should I Use Retinol in My 50s?
Yes, retinol is an excellent product to use in your 50s to treat and prevent visible signs of aging.
Q: How Can I Rejuvenate My 50-Year-Old Skin?
To rejuvenate 50-year-old skin, consider adding retinol, vitamin C, and hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid to your beauty regimen.
Q: How Do You Get Rid of Wrinkles at 50?
In your 50s, using retinol consistently can help diminish wrinkles by increasing collagen production.
Q: How Do You Get Rid of Wrinkles Overnight?
Wrinkles can’t be eliminated overnight, but they can be softened by using retinol and a nourishing moisturizer with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and ceramides.
Q: How Can I Improve My Skin as I Get Older?
As you get older, sticking to a consistent skincare regimen with a deep moisturizer, nutrient-rich serum, and retinol treatment can continually improve your skin.
Q: How can I make my 50-year-old skin look younger?
Including ingredients like retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin c, and sunscreen can help rejuvenate 50-year-old skin.
Q: Does Retinol Make You Age Faster?
No, retinol improves signs of aging and supports the health of the skin. Just make sure to apply sunscreen whenever you go outside while using retinol, as it increases sun sensitivity.
Q: How Do You Reverse Skin Age?
Retinol helps reverse skin aging by stimulating the skin’s natural repair process.
Q: How Do You Get Rid of Wrinkles at 50?
At the age of 50, you can gradually get rid of wrinkles with a skincare routine containing anti-aging ingredients like retinol and vitamin C.
Q: Can Old Skin Be Rejuvenated?
Yes, with an effective skincare routine, old skin can be rejuvenated!
Q: What is the Fastest Way To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Naturally?
To get rid of wrinkles naturally and quickly, without cosmetic surgery or injections, use skincare products with retinol, vitamin C, and other anti-aging ingredients.
Q: What are the Best Wrinkle Remedies for Skin Over 50?
Nourishing night creams with retinol and hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid are the best wrinkle remedies for 50-year-old skin.
Q: What is the Best Skin Care Line for Over 50?
For people over 50, we recommend skin care lines from leading brands including LifeCell, Olay, and Murad.
Q: Which Products Do Dermatologists Recommend for 50-Year-Old Skin?
Dermatologists recommend retinol treatments to fight signs of aging, as well as nourishing moisturizers to hydrate 50-year-old skin .
Q: How Can I Keep My Skincare Routine Simple?
To keep your regimen simple, select a few potent products that you can use in the same order every night. Select your products based on the ingredients that will most benefit your unique skincare concerns (wrinkles, discoloration, dryness, etc.).
Q: What is the Best Skin Care Routine for 50-Year-Old Woman?
For a 50-year-old woman, an ideal beauty routine should include a nutrient-rich serum, a rich moisturizing cream, and a retinol wrinkle treatment.
Q: What is the Best Night Cream for Over 50?
Our top night cream for people over the age of 50 is the LifeCell All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment.
Q: Which Skincare Products are the Best for Mature, Combination Skin?
For mature, combination skin, choose products that protect the skin barrier and have a non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula.
Conclusion: How To Choose a Skincare Regimen for Skin Over 50
When you reach your 50s, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and dull skin may become more prominent concerns when you look in the mirror. Luckily, in the skincare world, fending off signs of skin aging is one of the most popular topics. This means that there are numerous products that can improve mature skin in a matter of weeks.
In this article, we’ve discussed our favorite products for the best anti-aging regimens for 50s, with LifeCell’s All-In-One Skin-Tightening Treatment earning the top ranking. With these skincare solutions, you can retain smooth, supple, and youthful-looking skin in your 50s and beyond.